Terms and conditions for affiliated businesses
Read the NSW Companion Card's terms and conditions for affiliated businesses.
- Affiliated businesses understand that the Companion Card will only be used when the cardholder requires the assistance of a companion to participate at a particular venue/activity.
- The minimum expectation of Companion Card affiliated businesses is that they will issue cardholders with one Companion Ticket, or admission, at no charge. This ticket will be exempt from all booking fees.
- Where a cardholder needs more than one companion to provide attendant care support, the cardholder will negotiate this with the venue/activity operator at the time of booking.
- The Companion Card can be used to obtain a Companion Ticket for any programs, services and sessions run by affiliated business venue/activity operators. This will be subject to the usual admission availability and conditions.
- Booking and ticket distribution practices for Companion Tickets should not be more difficult than the standard ticketing practices of the affiliated business venue/activity.
- The Companion Card can be used in conjunction with any recognised concession cards.
- The venue/activity must ensure cardholders are able to be seated or located physically close to their companions. Companions will remain close to cardholders to assist them as required. Cardholders with specific seating requirements will inform the venue/activity at the time of booking.
- Some venue/activity operators may charge for participation over and above general admission costs (e.g. a fee for rides in addition to an entry fee at a fun park). Affiliated business venue/activity operators must issue a Companion Ticket for both admission, and for additional components, such as rides etc., if the cardholder requires assistance in order to participate.
- Only the person whose photograph and details appear on the Companion Card can use the card.
- Companion Tickets cannot be used without the Companion Card cardholder being present.
- Companion Card cardholders must inform the venue/activity of their requirement for a Companion Ticket at the time they book or purchase their own ticket.
- Acceptance of the Companion Card does not indicate that the venue/activity is accessible. Cardholders will be advised to check accessibility with the venue/activity before booking tickets.