Driving or riding with a disability

Find out about applying for and maintaining a licence to drive or ride, including information about assessments and vehicle modifications.

Learn about different licence options for people with disability. You may need a medical assessment, vehicle modifications, and a standard or disability driving test.
How your driving ability is assessed, including information on occupational therapist assessment, standard and disability driving tests.
Find out how to apply for a licence to ride a motorcycle when you're a person living with disability.
Vehicle modifications can help you get and keep your licence when you're a person with disability. Find out more about getting modifications and how they affect your licence.
You need a licence to ride a special mobility vehicle (SMV). Find out how to apply, and what licences are valid.
Applying for a SMV rider licence? First, you need to pass the SMV Knowledge Test.

Contact Transport for NSW

More options to contact us
Phone:13 22 13
Monday to Friday : 7:00am -7:00pm
Top of page