Infield transporter – tracked

Find out about conditional registration, acceptable uses and equipment requirements for tracked infield transporters.

On this page

What is a tracked infield transporter?

A tracked infield transporter is used to transport crops from harvesters to other transportation systems.

You need a Car (Class C) licence to drive an infield transporter.

Conditional registration for infield transporters

Infield transporter – tracked

Infield transprters need to be conditionally registered to be used on public roads and road-related areas.

Conditional registration gives you limited road access to perform specific functions.

You cannot get conditional registration if a vehicle that complies with the construction and equipment requirements of the Australian Design Rules can be used to perform the same function.

See information about vehicle standards to see what standards apply.

Find out how to apply for conditional registration for an infield transporter.

Oversize vehicle operators

Vehicles that go beyond the dimension and weight limits must comply with the conditions of the relevant access notice or permit. To find out the conditions for:

  • NSW permits – contact Special Permits Unit on 1300 656 371
  • interstate permits – contact National Heavy Vehicle Regulator on 1300 696 487.

Conditions of use

The following minimum conditions apply to conditional registration.

Daylight / floodlit worksite use onlyTD1
Flashing amber beacon required and used when vehicle movingSL1
Vehicle to be floated from site to siteLO99
Use only for farming purposesGO93
Steering failure warning device/sign required
Note: Applies only to vehicles with hydraulic steering fitted

Equipment requirements

To receive conditional registration you must ensure that the following equipment requirements are met.

EquipmentDaylight/floodlit use
Amber rotating beaconYes
Brake and turn lightsNo
Headlights, tail, number plate and clearance lightsNo
Rear reflectorsYes
Rear and side reflective tapeNo
Rear vision mirror(s)Yes


All lighting must be fitted as near as possible to the position specified in Schedule 2 of:

Transport for NSW office use

Code TypeCode
Vehicle shapeAGP

Compulsory Third Party insurance class

Note: If FARM or UFRM, a Declaration of Eligibility for a Registration Concession must be presented with the Application for Conditional Registration..

Conditional registration - PLNT / SVEH / FARM

Unregistered Vehicle Permit - USVE / UPLN / UFRM

Registration usagePLNT/PPG (PPGN if NRTC vehicle over 4.5 tonnes GVM)
Top of page