The Metal and Engineering Curriculum Framework (Stage 6) is being discontinued in 2020.
This decision is the result of industry-led changes to the nationally endorsed training package (qualifications and units of competency) on which the Framework is based.
What does this mean for schools and students?
- 2020 will be the final year of delivery for Year 12 students who will be completing the course and qualification they commenced in 2019.
- The final HSC exam will be in 2020.
- There can be no new enrolments in qualifications, or entries in courses, through the Framework in 2020.
- Stage 6 VET Board Endorsed courses (VET BECs) will be available for students wishing to undertake study in this industry area in 2020. These courses are currently in development.
- Schools and colleges should consult with their school system/sector and/or registered training organisation (RTO) regarding this notice and delivery of:
- courses from the Framework in 2020 for their continuing Year 12 metal and engineering students
- Stage 6 VET BECs available for this industry area in 2020.
For more information, contact: