The updated syllabus, associated documents and support materials are now available.
Implementation commences from 2019 for both Years 11 and 12.
Summary of changes:
- FNS30317 Certificate III in Accounts Administration supersedes FNS30315 Certificate III in Accounts Administration (not equivalent)
- units of competency:
- BSBWHS201 Contribute to health and safety of self and others has been moved to the HSC elective pool (ie it is no longer mandatory for the 120-hour and 240-hour courses) and HSC indicative hours have been reduced from 15 to 10
- FNSACC311 Process financial transactions and extract interim reports supersedes FNSACC301 (equivalent)
- FNSACC313 Perform financial calculations supersedes FNSACC303 (equivalent)
- HSC indicative hours for FNSINC301 Work effectively in the financial services industry have been increased from 25 to 30
- FNSACC312 Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers supersedes FNSACC302 (equivalent)
- FNSACC304 Conduct business activities using a computerised accounting system (new unit of competency and core for FNS30317) has been added to the HSC elective pool
- FNSACC406 Set up and operate a computerised accounting system has been superseded and is no longer available for selection as an elective
- FNSTPB402 Establish and maintain payroll systems supersedes FNSBKG405 Establish and maintain a payroll system (equivalent)
- HSC focus areas:
- references to ‘batching’ removed from Financial operations
- WHS legislation updated in Safety
- text from the Training Package updated.
The first Financial Services HSC exam based on the updated syllabus will be in 2019.
Students who commenced the Financial Services 240-hour course with the Accounting stream in 2018, and are completing the course over two years, have been working towards FNS30315 in Year 11 (Preliminary). They will transition in 2019 to FNS30317 in Year 12 (HSC).
Schools and colleges should consult with their school system and/or Registered Training Organisation (RTO) regarding this update and delivery of courses from the Financial Services Curriculum Framework for all their financial services students in 2019.
For more information, contact:
02 9367 8310