NSW Quality Framework - Smart and Skilled
The NSW Quality Framework encourages compliance for Smart and Skilled Providers and quality outcomes for students. It promotes a student-centered approach to training.
What is the NSW quality framework?
The NSW Quality Framework
underpins compliance requirements for Smart and Skilled Providers, and
encourages them to deliver better outcomes to students.
The framework covers vocational education and training (VET) delivered through Smart and Skilled.
Smart and Skilled is a program providing NSW Government-subsidised training to eligible students.
The framework sets the benchmark for quality in Smart and Skilled training.
Training Services NSW developed the framework in consultation with training providers and industry.
Training Service NSW's approach to quality assurance
The Quality Framework highlights the areas of compliance for Smart and Skilled Providers that contribute to quality. These include:
- Information sharing with other jurisdictions
- Selecting the right training providers
- Provider management and contract compliance
- Consumer protection
Achieving quality under Smart and Skilled
There are minimum standards required to operate as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO). It's expected that quality under Smart and Skilled exceeds these standards.
The Quality Framework gives examples of best practice that are key to training delivery and assessment:
- Striving for improvement through a student-centred approach to the training experience
- Expanding connection to industry so
- training is innovative and meets employer needs, and
- students have access to placements and exposure to the workplace
- Providing high level individualised support for students, particularly disadvantaged students
- Capability building of staff and systems
- Using external sources to validate assessment practices.
Download the Quality Framework
View or download the NSW Quality Framework