Depending on the circumstances, some people can get help to pay for living expenses and funeral costs after someone has died.
Some people can get help to pay for living expenses and funeral costs.
Check if you are eligible for the following financial support:
- individual, including widows, carers and pensioners at Services Australia
- Aboriginal people (help with travel costs)
- if the death happened at work
- parents of a stillborn child
- if the death was a result of violent crime.
You may also be eligible for subsidies to see a mental health professionals if you're:
- seeing them as part of a mental health treatment plan, or
- receiving a Centrelink payment.
For more information talk to your doctor.