The Venues Unlocked Program offers funding and support for NSW venues to address sound management challenges and remove the barriers impacting live performance opportunity.
Venues Unlocked has different funding and support streams for new and existing live music venues and hospitality businesses.
Venues Unlocked aims to:
- increase the number of fit-for-purpose live performance venues in NSW
- increase sector knowledge and expertise in best-practice sound management and sustainable live performance programming
- build the number of live performance opportunities for NSW residents and artists
- generate greater live performance diversity and vibrancy in communities.
The Program is delivered through Sound NSW and the Office of the 24-Hour Economy Commissioner.
Soundproofing Grants for Live Music Venues
Soundproofing Grants for Live Music Venues aims to support existing and new NSW live music venues achieve best-practice soundproofing and management.
Eligible live music venues can apply for up to $100,000 to upgrade their premise's sound management infrastructure and equipment. To inform the scope of sound mitigation measures required, an acoustic assessment report up to the value of $10,000 will be provided by Sound NSW.
Sound NSW is holding a series of online information sessions to help applicants with the process:
- Tuesday 21 November 2023 at 10am
- Tuesday 28 November 2023 at 11am
- Wednesday 29 November 2023 at 11am
- Wednesday 10 January 2024 at 10am Register here
New Idea featuring flowerkid at The Great Club, 2022 Photo Tom Wilkinson
Photo: Destination NSW
Live Performance Venue Program
The Live Performance Venue Program seeks to build industry capacity to enable the diversification of existing hospitality venues to offer live performance, as well as provide funding for live performance equipment, start-up artist and programming costs, marketing and promotional activities.
Delivered over two phases, eligible hospitality businesses can develop skills and gain access to expert advice through the Live Performance Venue Accelerator and the Live Performance Venue Grant Program to help support diversify into live performance venues.