Assistance is provided for the following bushfires:
- Shoalhaven bushfires from 11 August 2018
- Bega Valley and Eurobodalla bushfires from 15 August 2018
- Cessnock and Port Stephens bushfires from 15 August 2018.
- help for eligible people whose homes or belongings have been damaged
- support for local councils to help with costs of cleaning up and restoring damaged essential public assets
- concessional interest rate loans for small businesses, primary producers and non-profit organisations
- freight subsidies for primary producers
- grants to eligible non-profit organisations.
NSW Minister for Emergency Services Troy Grant said that significant firefighting operations were required in response to each of the bushfires, especially the Bega Valley bushfire that continues to burn.
"I’d like to praise the incredible efforts of our first responders, who continue to protect the communities under threat. Our men and women on the frontline do an outstanding job," Mr Grant said.
For information on personal hardship and distress assistance, contact the Disaster Welfare Assistance Line on 1800 018 444.
To apply for a concessional loan, grant or freight subsidy, contact the NSW Rural Assistance Authority on 1800 678 593.