NSW Government coordinates bushfire clean-up
More than 2200 homes have been destroyed in the current bushfire season.
Clean-up arrangements coordinated by the NSW Government will include
- the appointment of contractors in the south and the north to clean-up bushfire impacted properties
- costs for the clean-up will be covered by the NSW Government in partnership with the Australian Government.
Where insurance companies have commenced clean-up works for safety reasons these will continue.
Major contractors appointed to clean-up properties will be encouraged to use local contractors whenever possible. The appointed contractors will be announced soon.
Clean-up work will include
- containment and removal of asbestos-contaminated bushfire impacted materials
- removal of all dangerous debris, including destroyed materials and hazardous trees
- removal of concrete slab foundations.
The NSW Government will work with insurance companies to ensure that any policyholders who have already had clean-up work completed will be at no disadvantage.