The Revitalising Newcastle program used technical data to form lifelike representations of how the Newcastle Interchange, Civic and Pacific Park will look once the light rail is operating.
The program will deliver:
- revitalised land to provide education and affordable housing opportunities
- a new multi-modal transport interchange at Wickham
- wire-free light rail between Newcastle Interchange and Pacific Park
- road and footpath upgrades in the city
- a new integrated public transport provider.
Revitalising Newcastle Program Director Michael Cassel said the images and animations would give Novocastrians confidence that Hunter Street had an exciting and vibrant future.
“With construction underway along the light rail route, these designs give us a powerful reminder of the end goal – a vibrant, pedestrian-friendly, attractive Newcastle city centre with connections to the coast, CBD and harbour,” Mr Cassel said.
“The community and council told us they wanted Newcastle to be about people and look great when finished, which meant no wires above the light rail and better public spaces.”