Working alongside the City of Sydney, the NSW Government will support retailers, cafes, bars and restaurants to increase business opportunities over the summer months.
The new initiative will include:
- allowing more flexible outdoor dining and seating arrangements
- establishing outdoor entertainment stages throughout the Sydney CBD
- enhancing the promotion of cultural institutions and allowing them to extend hours of operation
- extending retail trading hours
- providing more flexible public transport options.
Treasurer Dominic Perrottet said the government will explore a range of options and will invest in the right projects that support businesses and jobs.
“Our health response has been strong and that will allow us to have a strong economic response to ensure Sydney is ready for summer,” Mr Perrottet said.
Learn more and get ready for a COVID Safe summer.