The evaluation framework
Whether you’re delivering internal, external, paid or non-paid communications, the Evaluation framework (PDF, 771.15 KB) is a tool to help you define and measure the success of your work, in line with global best practice.
Specifically, it will help you:
- set SMART communication objectives - ones that are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time-bound.
- align your objectives with government and organisational objectives.
- adopt a ‘program logic’ approach to planning and evaluation by identifying inputs, activities, outputs, outcomes and impact.
- incorporate feedback loops throughout the project so you can refine your strategy or adjust your tactics as needed.
- consider the needs and concerns of your stakeholders and the community when setting your communication objectives.
- take into account the economic, social, cultural, and political context.
All government advertising must be apolitical in line with the Government Advertising Act 2011. Campaign evaluation activity should be clearly linked to campaign objectives.
The NSW Government communications team can offer advice that will help you apply the evaluation framework. Contact us