The evaluation framework
Whether you’re delivering internal, external, paid or non-paid communications, the Evaluation framework (PDF, 771.15 KB) is a tool to help you define and measure the success of your work, in line with global best practice.
Specifically, it will help you:
- set SMART communication objectives - ones that are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and time-bound.
- align your objectives with government and organisational objectives.
- adopt a ‘program logic’ approach to planning and evaluation by identifying inputs, activities, outputs, outcomes and impact.
- incorporate feedback loops throughout the project so you can refine your strategy or adjust your tactics as needed.
- consider the needs and concerns of your stakeholders and the community when setting your communication objectives.
- take into account the economic, social, cultural, and political context.
The NSW Government communications team can offer advice that will help you apply the evaluation framework. Contact us