Arts and culture services in NSW
visitors to NSW cultural institutions in the 2020-21 financial year.1,2,3,4,5,6
investment in arts and culture infrastructure.7
in funding to deliver 142 arts and cultural projects in NSW.7
Regional Cultural Fund projects completed during 2021.7
in funding to 347 arts and cultural organisations and 242 individuals through the Arts and Cultural Funding Program.7
in funding to support 384 arts and cultural organisations through the COVID Rescue and Restart package.7
How are customers experiencing these services?
We asked customers how well we were delivering on our Customer Commitments based on their experience with arts and culture services in NSW. Here’s what they said is working well and where we need to improve.
What are we doing well?
The following statements highlight areas that most respondents agree are working well for them.
- The information was simple to understand.
- I was able to do what I set out to do.
- It was easy to access the information I needed.
- I found it easy to access the service I needed.
- I was treated with respect.
Where can we improve?
The following statements highlight areas that need improvement, based on the least number of respondents agreeing with the statements.
- I felt I was able to provide feedback on how the service could be improved to better meet my needs.
- I felt I was able to provide feedback on the service I received.
- The reasons for decisions were clearly explained.
- They made an effort to see things from my perspective.
- They were proactive in keeping me informed.
Here’s what customers told us about arts and culture services in NSW
- Easy to access
- Act with empathy
- Respect my time
- Explain what to expect
- Resolve the situation
- Engage the community
94% of customers found these services to be easy to access.
86% felt that service staff acted with empathy in their interaction with the service.
89% of customers felt their time was respected.
81% of customers felt the service explained what to expect.
88% of customers felt their situation was resolved.
64% of customers felt the service allowed them to provide feedback.
Find out more about the report
See examples of how we embed a customer focused approach to services, programs and initiatives.
Find out how our customers are experiencing our services. They include the people, communities and businesses of NSW.
Read about our promise to customers on what to expect when interacting with our services.
Find how State of the Customer reports on our goal to deliver easy, effective, and trustworthy services.
See a range of services we deliver that cater to customers with different needs and circumstances.
1 Art Gallery of NSW Annual Report 2020-21.
2 Australian Museum Annual Report 2020-21.
3 Museum of Applied Arts and Sciences Annual Report 2020-21.
4 State Library of NSW Foundation Annual Report 2020-21.
5 Sydney Opera House Annual Report 2020-21.
6 Sydney Living Museums Annual Report 2020-21.
7 NSW Department of Premier and Cabinet Annual Report 2020-21.
CXS Source: NSW Government Customer Experience Survey (CXS). About the survey methodology.
Fieldwork: January to June 2022.
Questions: Thinking about your experience with the government service…
- How easy or difficult was it to do this?
- How satisfied or dissatisfied were you with this experience?
- To what extent do you trust the government service to be working in your best interests?
- We would like your opinion on [CUSTOMER COMMITMENT]. Please indicate how strongly you agree or disagree with each of the statements below.
Base: Customers who have interacted with arts and culture services in the last 12 months.
Sample sizes: Ease and Satisfaction (n=401), Trust (n=401), Customer Commitments (various n=207 to 401).
Definitions and notes:
- Ease of service is calculated as the percentage of customers that selected ‘Very easy’ or ‘Somewhat easy’.
- Satisfaction with service is calculated as the percentage of customers that selected ‘Very satisfied’ or ‘Somewhat satisfied’.
- Trust in service is calculated as the percentage of customers that selected ‘Trust a great deal’ or ‘Somewhat trust’.
- Responses to the Customer Commitment questions are calculated as the percentage of customers that selected ‘Strongly agree’ or ‘Somewhat agree’ and it excludes ‘Not applicable’ responses.