Overseas arrivals from 1 November 2021
People arriving in NSW who are fully vaccinated will not need to quarantine. They must:
- have a COVID-19 test after arrival
- prove full vaccination as recognised by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) and have their vaccination status certified by the Commonwealth.
People arriving in NSW from overseas who are not fully vaccinated must quarantine for 14 days. A cap on arrivals who are not fully vaccinated will apply.
Read information from the Australian Government on travelling to Australia.
Key facts about hotel quarantine
- If you are arriving in NSW from an overseas location, you will need to go into a 14-day mandatory quarantine period.
- Mandatory quarantine is a legal requirement under the public health order.
- Mandatory quarantine is undertaken in hotels where you will be supported throughout your stay. You will be charged a fixed fee for hotel quarantine.
- Quarantine is managed by the NSW Government in hotel locations across Sydney.
- While you are in quarantine, there are support services you can access if you need help.
- Not following the quarantine rules is a criminal offence and attracts heavy penalties.
- For individuals, the maximum penalty is $11,000, 6 months in prison, or both with a further $5500 fine for each day the offence continues.
- Before leaving hotel quarantine, all guests 12 years and older will be offered a COVID-19 vaccination (Pfizer or AstraZeneca). The vaccination team will identify a suitable second dose vaccine for those who have already had one dose. Learn more about vaccinations for returned travellers.
Planning your trip
Fees and payment
Information on accommodation fees, payment options and financial assistance available
What to expect in quarantine
A step-by-step process on what happens during quarantine hotel
Health and wellbeing
Resources to stay healthy in mind, body and spirit during quarantine
Residents returning to NSW
Resources and support services to help settle you back into NSW
Information and rules that apply to flight crew
Contacts and enquiries
If you have any questions or concerns about your quarantine during the quarantine period, contact the reception desk of your quarantine accommodation.