Important information about leaving your hotel after you have completed your 14 days of quarantine.
We want to make sure when you leave the hotel after your 14 days x 24 hour period of quarantine the process is quick, simple and seamless. To do that, we have provided some important information for you.
If you need assistance arranging flights, FCM Travel Solutions consultants can help you. FCM Travel Solutions can be called on 1300 451 214 (flights are at your own expense).
Check-out time from your hotel is based on your arrival time into Australia.
What day can I leave my hotel room?
The application of the Public Health Order requires the following:
- You need to complete 14 full days in quarantine. The day you arrive into NSW will count toward your first 24 hour period. You will need to stay in your hotel room for 14 nights.
- If you arrived into NSW between 00:01am and 11:59am – you can check out between 4am and 10am on your date of departure.
- If you arrived into NSW between 12:01pm and 11:59pm – you can check out between 4pm and 6pm on your date of departure.
On the day before your quarantine period finishes, you will be visited by a multidisciplinary team. The team will:
- provide your final COVID-19 result
- conduct a final health screen
- provide you with information about your departure.
Before leaving hotel quarantine, all guests 12 years and older will be offered a COVID-19 vaccination (Pfizer or AstraZeneca). The vaccination team will identify a suitable second dose vaccine for those who have already had one dose. Learn more about vaccinations for returned travellers.
If you are newly returned to NSW, here are some links to help you settle back in after quarantine.