Signed – 2020
In October 2018, Luke Wilson was appointed the Victorian Cross-Border Commissioner with the support of the NSW Cross-Border Commissioner
The 2019-2021 Memorandum of Understanding for Cross-Border Collaboration was released in September 2020.
The agreement is supported by an annual work list. In general, actions will cover:
- Improved service delivery: Residents living in cross-border regions should have equitable and simple access to services and information. The NSW and Victorian Governments commit to maximise alignment of service delivery and minimise the need for individuals to navigate both service systems. Administrative arrangements should enable re-imbursement for the delivery of services to each other’s citizens where appropriate.
- Simplifying regulation for residents, businesses and organisations: Business and communities in border regions are often required to navigate regulatory, legislative and policy gaps and duplication. The NSW and Victorian Governments will work to enhance growth and confidence through the identification and reduction of these impediments.
- Joint regional development opportunities: Border communities regularly identify opportunities for joint support, investment and delivery that require engagement between the two states to activate. The NSW and Victorian Governments will support the joint consideration of such opportunities.
- Vic-NSW 2019-2021 Memorandum of Understanding for Cross-Border Collaboration
- Office of the Cross-Border Commissioner
- Cross-border issues and agreements