Domestic and family violence support during COVID-19
You have a right to be safe. Domestic and family violence is never okay – there is no excuse.
Who to contact for help
If you are in an emergency, or at immediate risk of harm to yourself or others, please contact emergency services on Triple Zero (000).
|NSW Domestic Violence Line||1800 65 64 63|
|1800RESPECT||1800 73 77 32|
|Lifeline Australia||13 11 14|
|Kids Helpline||1800 55 18 00|
Domestic and family violence and COVID-19
Domestic and family violence increased during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The safety of women and children is a priority.
Essential services, including the police and courts, are here to help you stay safe.
Crisis accommodation, counselling and other support services are also available.
If you feel unsafe, reach out.
The NSW Domestic Violence Line is always here for you. It is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Call 1800 656 463
TTY 1800 67 14 42
Translating and Interpreting Services: 13 14 50
The NSW Domestic Violence Line can:
- explain services and support available to you
- help you with your safety plan
- refer you to support services, such as counselling
- help you contact the police, courts or lawyers
- help you find a safe place to stay
- help with transport for you and your children.
Can’t talk right now? Use the 1800RESPECT online chat service instead of calling.
Need more information? Find out about other services and supports on the Department of Communities and Justice website.
Online domestic violence help and information
- Find out how to stay safe online if there is a chance someone will check which websites you visit or use technology in other ways to control or harass you.
Online and technology-facilitated abuse provides further information on technology-facilitated abuse.
You can also Report image-based abuse to the eSafety Commissioner via this link.
Housing and financial help
Find housing, food and essential services near you with Ask Izzy
Police and legal services
Access Women's Domestic Violence Court Advocacy Services – call 1800 938 227
Protect your privacy
Support line help
- 1800RESPECT – 1800 737 732 – support for any person affected by domestic and family violence.
- Kids Helpline – 1800 55 1800 – support for children affected by family violence.
- MensLine Australia – 1300 78 99 78 – support for men experiencing domestic and family violence.
- Rape and Domestic Violence Service Australia / NSW Rape Crisis – 1800 424 017 – counselling for people of all genders whose lives have been impacted by sexual assault.
Mental health services
- Beyond Blue – 1800 51 23 48 – support service produced by Beyond Blue to help you find information, advice and strategies to manage your mental wellbeing.
- NSW Mental Health Line – 1800 011 511 – professional help and advice for your mental health.
There is also a range of COVID-19 mental health services available to support you.