Flood Inquiry community meetings
The NSW Flood Inquiry hosted five community meetings in 2022 to hear from people impacted by the floods.
The NSW Flood Inquiry community meetings were held in-person and virtually, and were in addition to the Inquiry’s extensive community and stakeholder engagement.
Any member of the public was able to attend these meetings to share their views.
Meetings were held:
- Lismore, Tuesday 3rd May (in-person and streamed)
- Tumbulgum, Wednesday 4th May (in-person and streamed)
- Mullumbimby, Monday 6th June (in-person and streamed)
- Hawkesbury Nepean, Thursday 16th June (virtual only)
- Clarence River, Friday 17th June (virtual only)
The Inquiry is tasked to examine and report on the causes of, preparedness for, response to and recovery from the 2022 catastrophic flood event.
The independent inquiry is being led by Professor Mary O'Kane AC and Michael Fuller APM.
Flood Inquiry community meeting transcripts
Public community meetings of the Flood Inquiry will be transcribed, with personal details redacted, and uploaded to this webpage.
- Lismore community meeting transcript – 3 May 2022 (PDF 3.35MB)
- Tumbulgum community meeting transcript – 4 May 2022 (PDF 3.01MB)
- Mullumbimby Community Meeting transcript – 6 June 2022 (PDF 8.52MB)
- Hawkesbury Nepean community meeting transcript - 16 June 2022 (PDF 1.13MB)
- Clarence River community meeting transcript - 17 June 2022 (PDF 1.18MB)