Skip to main content
Top of page
Key job options
- Wait staff
- Bar staff
- Summer and Autumn fruit picking
- Cherry picking
- Grape harvesting
- Tourism and seasonal employment
What are the things you can do along the way?
- Join your fellow passionate foodies and indulge your senses at the iconic Orange F.O.O.D Week festival, a rich tapestry of food and wine events held each April to showcase the regions’ producers and world-famous vignerons. Wander the local shops and villages and discover the beauty and charm of this popular getaway destination.
- After indulging in all the local produce, ride into the Kinross State Forest to discover a great range of picturesque and challenging mountain bike trails. The trails are open and flowing, cut into beautiful rich soft soils offering a smooth riding surface and some amazing corner traction in places, not to mention some impressive and challenging climbs!
- Get up close and personal with hundreds of rare and endangered animals including giraffes, rhinos, elephants and big cats at the Taronga Western Plains Zoo. Walk, drive or ride the circuit, and stay overnight at the African style Zoofari Lodge for the ultimate zoo experience.
- Motorsport enthusiasts need look no further than the Mount Panorama Circuit in Bathurst. Experience the ultimate trackside encounter at the spiritual home of Australian motorsport.
- Head to the Dish and celebrate Australia’s cinematic brilliance and learn about the key role that a remote Australian community played in the first Apollo moon landing. Be sure to time your visit with the iconic and award-winning Elvis festival. You can’t help falling in love with Parkes.
- Venture deep into the Wellington Caves and Phosphate mine where the limestone is hundreds of millions of years old, and where megafauna fossils uncovered there in the 1830s fascinated Charles Darwin and influenced his ideas in his book On the Origin of the Species.
- Fancy a laugh? Then Grapes of Mirth in Orange is a must! Grab a picnic blanket and enjoy an epic night of top notch comedy, food, wine & music.
- Bushwalk for days, and camp under the stars in the Warrumbungle National Park – free from artificial light, this national park is an ideal destination to escape and switch off. You’ll find plenty of memorable stargazing opportunities out in nature or at Australia’s largest optical telescope at the Siding Spring Observatory.
- Live music more your vibe? Can’t go past a road trip to Forbes for Vanfest, a legendary two-day music festival complete with market stalls, pop-up beach bars, thrilling rides, camping, VIP experiences, and much more.