Mental health services
Moving from work into retirement can be a significant lifestyle change. This in turn can create a new set of emotional and mental health challenges.
You can get information and support at:
- Mental Health Line on 1800 011 511 for professional help, advice and referrals to local mental health services
- Beyond Blue has information and resources for older people, or call 1300 224 636 to talk to a trained mental health professional
- Lifeline on 13 11 14 for 24-hour crisis support and counselling
- MensLine on 1300 789 978 for telephone and online counselling for men
- Mindspot is a free and confidential digital mental health clinic that provides online assessment and treatment courses
- Relationships Australia NSW on 1300 364 277 for relationship services, including counselling and education programs
- Transcultural Mental Health Centre for translated mental health resources in over 40 languages
- NSW Health for mental health services and programs for older people.