Collection Statement for COVID Safe Check Business Registration
Why are we collecting your personal information?
The Public Health (COVID-19 General) Order 2021 (the “PHO”) requires the occupier of certain premises to take reasonable steps to ensure the contact details of a person visiting the premises are electronically registered with Service NSW (with limited specified exceptions where alternative arrangements are required to be implemented).
Business and organisations may apply for a unique NSW QR code so that staff and customers can check in using the Service NSW app.
Business owners will be required to provide specified information to register as COVID Safe. A registered business will be provided with a QR Code and range of resources including posters and badges for display.
What information do we collect?
The NSW Department of Customer Service will collect information about your place of business. This may include:
- Business name
- Business address
- Type of business or organisation
- Business phone number
- Business email address
- Australian Business Number (ABN)
- Maximum number of people allowed in the premises.
We will also collect information of the business representative completing the registration. This includes:
- Full name
- Business role
- Work Email address
- Work Phone number.
How we will use and disclose this information
The information collected will be used to:
- Provide you with promotional collateral that can be displayed to inform customers that you have made a commitment to be COVID Safe.
- Provide your business with a unique QR code for your business to display so that customers can use the COVID Safe check-in tool to check-in to your business.
- Provide your business with access to the Service NSW business online webform to collect electronic records of people who do not have the Service NSW app that enter your premises.
- Disclose to:
- NSW Health in accordance with the PHO and for the purpose to help protect the health and welfare of members of the public during the COVID-19 pandemic, including so that the business can be contacted by NSW Health or their delegate in the event that a person who has attended your premises is a confirmed or is a suspected case of COVID-19.
- Service NSW to send advisory notifications and advice to you, on behalf of NSW Health, if an individual who has tested positive to COVID 19 has visited your premises.
- Create a register available to the public of those businesses that have registered as COVID Safe.
- Enable aggregated customer feedback on your COVID Safe compliance to be collected and shared with you and your business.
- Enable customer feedback to inform regulatory oversight.
- Sharing information with NSW Government business regulators, Liquor & Gaming NSW and the NSW Food Authority (who have delegated authority under the NSW Public Health orders), with other relevant NSW Government agencies and Local Councils in relation to your compliance with your completed COVID Safety Plan.
- Provide you with implementation support, information and guidance and alerting you to changes to COVID-19 rules and regulations, and/or opportunities to support your ongoing business journey.
- Other directly related purposes.
We will not provide your personal information to third parties for any purposes not already stated in this privacy statement, or to which you have not otherwise consented, unless the NSW Department of Customer Service is required, or authorised, by law to do so.
We may share de-identified information for research and statistical purposes. De-identified information and aggregate data may be provided to third parties outside of NSW Department of Customer Service. For example, to evaluate program management and to answer questions such as: total number of registrations completed.
The NSW Department of Customer Service will take reasonable security measures to protect your personal information from loss, unauthorised access, use, modification, disclosure or other misuse. Your personal information will be held and disposed of securely.
The Service NSW COVID Safe check-in – Privacy Collection Statement outlines how information is handled when an individual uses the COVID Safe check-in tool at your premises.
Please visit NSW Department of Customer Service Privacy for more information about how the NSW Department of Customer Service handles your personal information. This includes how you can access and seek correction of the information, how privacy enquiries or complaints can be made, how information is securely stored and to contact us. The Department of Customer Service is located at 2-24 Rawson Place Sydney NSW 2000.