On this page
You can stay active at home or exercise outdoors within the public health order rules.
You can also read answers to common questions about returning to gym, dance, martial arts and other fitness training.
If you're new to exercise or looking for new options, here are some tips and ideas.
Get ready for a COVID Safe summer
Follow these tips for a safe and healthy summer when you go exploring outdoors.
- Maintain good hygiene and physical distancing (or wear a face mask).
- Limit groups to a maximum of 20 people.
- Avoid crowds – try a new location or activity.
- Take your own food, drinks and gear – don’t share with people you don’t live with.
- Comply with the COVID safety rules wherever you go.
- Don’t forget the usual summer safety advice when you’re out in the sun, enjoying our waterways or cooking outdoors.
Keeping you safe this summer
Government agencies will support a COVID Safe Summer at public places through a range of initiatives like
- managing visitor numbers at popular public places
- making more space for pedestrians and cyclists
- encouraging food trucks, carts and outdoor dining for cafes and restaurants
- providing additional public transport services
- promoting alternative destinations.
Before you go, check whether there are any restrictions or special requirements for the places you are planning to visit.
Exploring your local community
We can all help to reduce congestion in public spaces by exploring our local area and supporting local businesses through
Public spaces and activities for all ages
Last updated: 18 September 2020