Stay COVID safe
Staying up to date with your recommended vaccinations, for both COVID-19 and flu, is a simple step you can take to help protect yourself and your family.
Wearing a mask protects you and others
Masks provide an extra layer of protection against COVID-19 and flu. Masks are strongly recommended in indoor public spaces, especially where it’s crowded.
Keep your germs at home
If you feel unwell, staying at home will reduce the risk of passing your illness onto people at school, work and in the community.
Get together where there’s fresh air
Well ventilated places reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 and flu. Keep doors and windows open where practical or choose to gather outdoors.
Information on testing for COVID-19
Getting tested for COVID-19
There are different tests you can get to check if you have COVID-19. Learn whether a PCR test or a rapid antigen test (RAT) is more appropriate for you.
Rapid antigen tests
Rapid antigen tests are a quick way to detect COVID-19. They are an additional tool to help to stop the spread of COVID-19 in the community. Find out more about RATs.
Resources to stay safe
Help stop the spread of COVID-19 and flu
Supporting our communities
Little things make a big difference
More information and resources
Contacts and enquiries
- Service NSW – information and advice for NSW residents and businesses, phone 13 77 88
- National Coronavirus Helpline – information on COVID-19, phone 1800 020 080
- Disability Gateway – information and referrals for people with disability, phone 1800 643 787
- Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) – free help in your language, phone 13 14 50
Download the Service NSW and Emergency+ app
Stay up to date with the latest NSW Government information. Access COVID-19 updates, digital licences, renew your rego and check fines and demerits.
Related Australian Health information about staying safe from COVID-19
- How to protect yourselves and others from COVID-19
- Advice for groups at greater risk of COVID-19
- Physical, mental and financial support for COVID-19
- National COVID-19 statistics and trends
- COVID-19 vaccines are recommended for everyone 5 years and older
- healthdirect COVID-19 symptom and antiviral eligibility checker