Steps to reduce your COVID risk
To protect yourself and your loved ones:
- Stay up to date with your COVID-19 vaccinations.
- Stay home if you have cold or flu symptoms and get tested for COVID.
- Wear a mask in crowded, indoor places.
- Talk with your doctor now if you're at higher risk of severe illness. You may be eligible for antiviral medicines.
- Don't visit people who are at higher risk if you have symptoms or COVID-19.
Stay COVID safe
Staying up to date with your vaccinations, for both COVID-19 and flu, is a simple step you can take to help protect yourself and your family.
Masks provide an extra layer of protection against COVID-19 and flu. Masks are strongly recommended in indoor public spaces, especially where it’s crowded.
If you feel unwell, staying at home will reduce the risk of passing your illness onto people at school, work and in the community.
Well ventilated places reduce the risk of transmission of COVID-19 and flu. Keep doors and windows open where practical or choose to gather outdoors.
Information on testing for COVID-19
There are different tests you can get to check if you have COVID-19. Learn whether a PCR test or a rapid antigen test (RAT) is more appropriate for you.
COVID-19 testing clinics are available across NSW for people who need a PCR test.
Resources to stay safe
Contacts and enquiries
- Service NSW – information and advice for NSW residents and businesses, phone 13 77 88
- National Coronavirus Helpline – information on COVID-19, phone 1800 020 080
- Disability Gateway – information and referrals for people with disability, phone 1800 643 787
- Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS National) – free help in your language, phone 13 14 50
Download the Service NSW and Emergency+ app
Stay up to date with the latest NSW Government information. Access COVID-19 updates, digital licences, renew your rego and check fines and demerits.
Save the app that could save your life.
‘Emergency +’ is a national app developed by Australia's emergency services and their Government and industry partners, helping people to call the right number at the right time, anywhere in Australia.
Related Australian Health information about staying safe from COVID-19
- How to protect yourselves and others from COVID-19
- Advice for groups at greater risk of COVID-19
- Physical, mental and financial support for COVID-19
- National COVID-19 statistics and trends
- COVID-19 vaccines are recommended for everyone 5 years and older
- healthdirect COVID-19 symptom and antiviral eligibility checker