Industry training advisory bodies (ITABs)
NSW industry Training Advisory Bodies (ITABs) give the government industry advice on vocational education and training matters in NSW. Here’s how they work and how to contact them.
What ITABs do
NSW industry Training Advisory Bodies (ITABs) are a key source of industry advice for the NSW Government.
They’re autonomous bodies that represent their industries on training to support vocational education and training in NSW. They advise on the training and skill needs of their NSW industry sectors. This helps workforce development.
There are 10 ITABs, with each covering specific industry groups.
They give streamlined, unique and timely advice to the Department of Education and its vocational education and training division Training Services NSW.
ITABs help the Department:
- identify industry skill needs, priorities and skills development issues for funded training
- promote training to industry
- provide brokerage services to assist in the take-up of funded training. This includes school based apprenticeships and traineeships
- with advice on apprenticeship and traineeship arrangements including school-based arrangements and the establishment of Vocational Training Orders
- with advice on the development, review and implementation of Training Packages / Training Products
ITABs also share information with other state, territory and Commonwealth stakeholders about industry training and skills needs in New South Wales.
Find an ITAB
The NSW Department of Education has contracted 10 organisations to provide industry training advisory services for nominated industry groupings.
The new arrangements started in February 2021. For more details contact ITABS@det.nsw.edu.au
ITAB and web link
PO Box 985
Mobile: 0407 070 840
PO Box 329
Mobile: 0402 128 312
Mobile: 0427 582 830
Level 1, 299 Elizabeth Street
Bob Bowden, Executive Officer
30-32 Pomeroy Street
Mobile: 0412 753 298
PO Box 366
Mobile: 0418 478 012
9/215 Clarence Street
Mobile: 0438 846 546
PO Box 289
PO Box 335
Level 1, 332 Kent Street
Phone: (02) 9392 8100