About the grant
The Trade Pathways Innovation Fund will support industry-led projects that trial and test new approaches to obtaining trade qualifications.
The fund will improve the accessibility of trade training for women, mature age workers and school leavers.
Eligible organisations can apply for a grant of up to $500,000 (GST exclusive) to deliver innovative projects that establish new pathways to trade qualifications or enhance existing non-traditional pathways to trade qualifications.
Industry-led projects will commence in May 2023 for a period of 12-months.
Applications will be accepted from group training organisations (GTOs), local government, trade unions, industry training advisory bodies (ITABs), independent statutory bodies, industry representative bodies and skills service organisations.
To apply for the grant, an eligible organisation must be:
- a legal entity with the capacity to contract
- registered for GST and have an Australian Business Number (ABN)
- covered by public liability insurance
- currently operating in NSW
- financially viable.
- 21 February 2023: Applications open
- 1 March 2023 from 2-3 pm: Trade Pathways Innovation Fund webinar
- 4 April 2023, 5 pm AEST: Applications close
- From May 2023: Successful applicants are announced