NSW Government initiatives to support child development
The brain develops more rapidly, and we learn faster at this critical time than any other in our lives – with positive connections and experiences laying the foundations for a bright future.
There are almost 100,000 births per year in NSW. The Government is investing in the right support when families need it, to give all children in NSW the best start in life – no matter where they live or what their background is.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Read our newsletters
Read the latest edition of the newsletter below.
- January 2023: issue 5, Insights into the First 2000 Days
- October 2022: issue 4, Join us for the Brighter Beginnings First 2000 Days Summit
- August 2022: issue 3, A Brighter Beginning for every child and family in NSW
- August 2021: issue 2, Focus on evidence
- March 2021: issue 1, Early Childhood Education focus
Step-by-step resources to help parents, carers and families navigate having a baby, their child’s health and development, enrolling in childcare, returning to work, getting financial and parenting support, and starting primary school.
Find out more about individual agency programs and initiatives to support families in the first 2000 days of life.
- Evidence about the first 2000 days of life
- NSW Ministry of Health – First 2000 Days Framework
- Learn the signs. Act early. Milestone Monitoring Tools
- More information about child health and development
- Information for parents and carers about early childhood education and starting school
- Statewide Eyesight Preschooler Screening
- Parent Line can provide parents with free counselling
- More information on the Targeted Early Intervention Program for professionals who work with families that could use more support
- Dolly Parton's Imagination Library