Bushfire community recovery and resilience fund
The Bushfire community recovery and resilience fund offers financial support to communities affected by the 2019-20 bushfires.
Supporting community recovery
Community wellbeing, connectedness, social recovery, and future disaster resilience is a focus for the Bushfire community recovery and resilience fund.
The grants target Local Government Areas that were disaster-declared during the 2019-20 bushfires and provide funding for medium and long-term projects that support community recovery and help build resilience and hope for the future.
The map below showcases funded projects of the Bushfire Community Recovery and Resilience Fund. All projects were funded in response to the ongoing local work to support communities affected by the 2019-20 bushfires.
Stream 1: applications have closed
Short-term projects for high and moderate socially impacted local government areas that were disaster-declared during the 2019-20 bushfires.
- Payments of $250,000 or $100,000 are available to eligible councils.
- Applications will be reviewed by Resilience NSW to ensure
- all required documentation is complete and submitted
- proposed projects align with funding objectives and compliance requirements outlined in the guideline.
- Councils will receive written notification confirming
- the total funding they are eligible for
- the status of their application.
- Funding agreements will be drafted as soon as possible and funds distributed as quickly as possible depending on the funding agreement process between Resilience NSW and the receiving council.
Stream 2: applications have closed
Grants for community groups, councils, joint organisations, NGOs, and not-for-profits in the local government areas that were disaster-declared during the 2019-20 bushfires to fund social recovery and preparedness projects.
- Funding for projects ranging from $20,000 to $300,000.
- Grants will be assessed with a regional focus to maximise the recovery support to communities across local government boundaries.
- Resilience NSW staff will make an initial eligibility assessment of applications and a Regional panel will assess the applications and make recommendations to Resilience NSW.
- Assessment and approval expected in February 2021.
About the fund
The Bushfire community recovery and resilience fund is administered by Resilience NSW in partnership with
- Find out more about the Bushfire community recovery and resilience fund
- Email: email@example.com
- Bushfire community recovery and resilience fund eligibility: stream 1east
- Bushfire community recovery and resilience fund eligibility: stream 2east
- Bushfire Local Economic Recovery Packageeast
- Commonwealth Disaster Recovery Funding Arrangementseast
- Bushfire support for NSW communitieseast
- Bushfire customer care serviceeast