Bushfire local economic recovery fund
Jointly funded by the Australian and NSW Governments, this package will support social and economic recovery in regional communities most affected by the 2019 -2020 bushfires. Applications are open until 2pm on Thursday 28 January 2021.
Find out more about the Bushfire local economic recovery fund.
Supporting community recovery
Community wellbeing, connectedness, social recovery, and future disaster resilience is a focus for the Bushfire community recovery and resilience fund.
The grants target Local Government Areas that were disaster-declared during the 2019-20 bushfires and provide funding for medium and long-term projects that support community recovery and help build resilience and hope for the future.
Stream 1: applications have closed
Short-term projects for high and moderate socially impacted local government areas that were disaster-declared during the 2019-20 bushfires.
- Payments of $250,000 or $100,000 are available to eligible councils.
- Applications will be reviewed by Resilience NSW to ensure
- all required documentation is complete and submitted
- proposed projects align with funding objectives and compliance requirements outlined in the guideline.
- Councils will receive written notification confirming
- the total funding they are eligible for
- the status of their application.
- Funding agreements will be drafted as soon as possible and funds distributed as quickly as possible depending on the funding agreement process between Resilience NSW and the receiving council.
Stream 2: applications have closed
Grants for community groups, councils, joint organisations, NGOs, and not-for-profits in the local government areas that were disaster-declared during the 2019-20 bushfires to fund social recovery and preparedness projects.
- Funding for projects ranging from $20,000 to $300,000.
- Grants will be assessed with a regional focus to maximise the recovery support to communities across local government boundaries.
- Resilience NSW staff will make an initial eligibility assessment of applications and a Regional panel will assess the applications and make recommendations to Resilience NSW.
- Assessment and approval expected in February 2021.