General surgery outpatient clinic Blue Mountains Hospital
location Corner Great Western Highway and Woodlands Road, Katoomba, NSW 2780 Get directions
Locked Bag 2, Katoomba NSW 2780
(02) 4784 6983
General surgery outpatient clinic patients can access specialist appointments, tests and procedures without being admitted to hospital.
We see patients who need surgery for abdominal hernias, hernia repairs, symptomatic gallstones or polyps, liver and pancreas issues and other simple surgery needs.
Patients will need a referral from their doctor or GP (general practitioner) including details of their patient history, current medications and symptoms.
All new patients will need a completed referral form to be faxed to the clinic before an appointment can be made. GPs and referring clinicians can access the form in the Nepean Blue Mountains LHD outpatient referral catalogue.
Clinic services, specialists and hours
The following specialist services are available at the clinic:
- abdominal hernias, including inguinal, umbilical, incisional, and femoral (not hiatus hernias or paediatric patients)
- gallbladder clinic for patients that have symptomatic gallstones or polyps demonstrated on ultrasound
- laparoscopic hernia repairs, laparoscopic cholecystectomies, endoscopy and haemorrhoid banding, liver and pancreas issues and most simple surgeries
|Specialist||Hours of service|
|Dr Andrew Ling||Weekly (alternate Friday and Monday)|
|Dr Daniel Vagg||Fortnightly (Wednesday)|
What to bring
- Medicare card for bulk billing
- list of current medications
- previous test and pathology results, reports and scans if available.