Rehabilitation outpatient clinic Blue Mountains Hospital
location Corner Great Western Highway and Woodlands Road, Katoomba, NSW 2780 Get directions
Locked Bag 2, Katoomba NSW 2780
(02) 4784 6983
Rehabilitation outpatient clinic patients can access specialist appointments, tests and procedures without being admitted to hospital.
We see patients in relation to:
- chronic pain
- pre amputation consult
- amputee requiring rehabilitation input
- post stroke for spasticity management, declining function
- functional decline requiring reconditioning
- return to driving
- pre hip and knee replacements for outpatient physiotherapy and hydrotherapy
- neurological conditions including Parkinson’s, multiple sclerosis (MS), myopathy, neuropathy, motor neuron disease
- gait disorders requiring gait retraining inpatient or outpatient
- cardiac or pulmonary rehab
- spinal cord injury requiring rehab input
- neurogenic bowel/bladder
- musculoskeletal disorder impacting on function
- people with long standing spinal cord injury requiring rehabilitation due to recent decline
Patients will need a referral from their doctor or GP (general practitioner) including details of their patient history, current medications and symptoms.
All new patients will need a completed referral form to be faxed to the clinic before an appointment can be made. GPs and referring clinicians can access the form in the Nepean Blue Mountains LHD outpatient referral catalogue.
Clinic services, specialists and hours
The following specialists are available at the clinic.
|Specialist||Hours of service|
|Dr Saba Asif||Weekly (Friday)|
|Dr Christina Ciucanu||Weekly (Friday)|
What to bring
- Medicare card for bulk billing
- list of current medications
- previous test and pathology results, reports and scans if available.