Virtual aged care service (VACS)
location Medical Outpatients Building C Level 1, Nepean Hospital, Kingswood, NSW 2747 Get directions
PO Box 63, Penrith NSW 2751
(02) 4734 3933
Virtual aged care (VACS) patients can access specialist appointments, tests and procedures without being admitted to hospital.
We are a specialised aged care service that offers virtual care (telehealth) consultations to elderly people in the community.
This service is available for people who are in local aged care facilities, or who are:
- 70 years or older (55 years or older for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people)
- 65 years or older with multiple chronic and complex health issues.
The patient will need a detailed referral letter from a GP faxed to the clinic. We will then contact the person to arrange an appointment.
The referral needs to include contact details for the person’s next of kin or carer, as well as an indication of the level of urgency:
- Low – patient to be reviewed within 6 weeks
- Medium – patient to be reviewed within 4 weeks
- High – patient to reviewed within the next 2 weeks.
Clinic services, specialists and hours
This clinic is available Monday to Friday.