Learn more about the process of moving out of a rental property, including notice periods, final inspections, getting your rental bond back, and your rental rights.
You can end a lease if you want to move out of the property. The landlord or agent can also end a lease if they no longer want you living in the property.
In most situations, this involves:
- giving the correct amount of notice in writing
- moving out of the property by the specified date
- leaving the property clean and empty
- conducting a final inspection of the property with the landlord or agent
- arranging for the bond to be returned.
You may also need information on what to do if: