Have you checked out the map search feature on our Strata search?
Whether you’re considering buying or moving into a strata property or want to learn more about where you live, our Strata search mapping feature helps you to get know your neighbourhood.
How to use strata search
1. Perform a search
Enter the strata plan number or registered address of a strata scheme into the Strata search to view basic details about the strata property, such as:
- the local government area
- the number of lots
- when the strata scheme was registered
- whether the strata scheme has met its annual reporting requirement – the first annual report is due to NSW Government by 31 December 2022. If a scheme has not completed its reporting it will be labelled ‘Strata scheme not yet reported’.
2. Understanding the map
Select ‘View map’ to see the building in its local area and other locations you may be interested in.
The satellite map view shows:
- the boundary of the strata property you’ve searched for (outlined in light blue)
- strata properties in the area (shaded dark blue)
- property other than strata (outlined in yellow)
- suburb boundaries
- local government areas (LGAs) simply zoom out for an LGA view.
To explore other areas, you can zoom out and drag the map to a point of interest.
Tip: the Strata search uses the registered address of the strata scheme, which may be different from the street address. If the address you are using doesn’t work, you can use the strata plan number instead. This should be included on documents such as the by-laws for the strata scheme.
You can also use the registered address of a strata scheme nearby and then select ‘View Map’ to navigate to the strata scheme of interest.
Like what you see?
Do you have friends and family interested in strata property? Be sure to recommend the Strata search so they can stay up to date with strata schemes in their neighbourhood.
Join our mailing list
Find out about strata announcements, recently published resources and more. You can also subscribe to other newsletters of interest.