Emergency support for severe weather conditions
Immediate support is available to communities who are affected by the severe floods and storms across NSW.
NSW is experiencing significant storm and flooding events with widespread destruction affecting several communities.
The NSW Government has issued 34 Natural Disaster Declarations to Local Government Areas to help ensure critical support is available to communities.
Funding packages from the NSW Government are now available. The additional funding will provide:
- assistance for eligible people whose homes or belongings have been damaged
- support for affected local councils to help the costs of cleaning up and restoring damaged public property
- concessional interest rate loans for small businesses, primary producers and non-for-profit organisations
- freight subsidies for primary producers
- grants to eligible non-for-profit organisations.
Minister for Police and Emergency Services David Elliott said although the disaster is still underway, the NSW Government is already looking ahead to the recovery and ongoing assistance.
“This assistance activates practical and immediate supports for communities, primary producers, small businesses, not-for-profits and councils," Mr Elliott said.
“We will stand side by side with our communities over coming weeks and months as we work through the significant recovery that lays ahead of us.”
Flood safety information
If you have been affected by the storms or flooding, visit storms and floods customer care or call 13 77 88.
For emergency help, call the NSW SES on 132 500.
Stay up to date with official warnings.
Learn how NSW SES plans for floods and storms.