Hospital parking concession rates now available
From 1 July 2017, patients and carers will be able to access concession rates for public hospital parking. A three-day discounted ticket will cost a maximum of $10.90 and a seven-day ticket $21.70, and both allow multiple entries and exits.
Those eligible for discounted hospital car parking include:
- patients and carers attending hospital for an ongoing course of treatment
- patients and carers attending more than twice a week
- holders of a RMS-issued Mobility Parking Scheme permit, Pensioner Concession Card, Gold Veterans Affairs Card or Health Care Card
- ongoing cancer treatment patients
- cardiac rehabilitation and health promotion class attendees.
Minister for Health Brad Hazzard said the changes mean much cheaper and fairer parking fees – especially for patients visiting a hospital for regular or long-term treatment.
“We have worked with private car park operators to get rates down to a maximum of $5.40 a day, giving patients and families real savings when they need it most,” Mr Hazzard said.
A website and smartphone app have been developed to provide information on fees and concessions, eligibility criteria, maps, public transport options and other health-related subsidies.