After assessing National Cabinet's new framework, the NSW Government will ease COVID-19 restrictions from Friday 15 May to allow:
- outdoor gatherings of up to 10 people
- cafes and restaurants can seat 10 patrons at any one time
- up to 5 visitors to a household at any one time
- weddings up to 10 guests
- indoor funerals up to 20 mourners, outdoor funerals up to 30
- religious gatherings/places of worship up to 10 worshippers
- use of outdoor equipment with caution
- outdoor pools open with restrictions.
Restrictions around regional holidays and other activities will remain in place.
The NSW Government will closely monitor COVID-19 rates, especially community transmissions, and use this to guide the further easing of restrictions.
Health Minister Brad Hazzard said, “Without a vaccine we need to be vigilant, especially when restrictions lift.
“There will inevitably be more cases, so social distancing will become even more crucial.”
The NSW Government will consider steps two and three of the Australian Government's Roadmap to a COVIDSafe Australia in due course.
Read more about the public health order rules.