Staying safe

We're blessed to live in one of the safest countries in the world, but you still need to take necessary precautions to protect your personal safety and wellness when you're on a Regional NSW Gap Year.

If you’re concerned for any reason or want to talk to a professional service provider about your health, safety or other issues you may be experiencing, there are a whole host of services you can access.

If you feel unsafe or at risk in the workplace, you can get the right advice and support so you can feel confident in your new environment at all times.

Employers have an obligation to ensure a safe work environment for their workers.

SafeWork NSW provides information for employers and young workers about safety in the workplace.

The links below take you to external websites  -  see disclaimer.

If you have an emergency always dial 000 for national police, fire and ambulance services. If you require first aid or emergency rescue, please contact the groups below.

If you are unsure of who to contact, always call the national emergency number 000 and you will be directed to the best organisation to help with your concerns.

For urgent medical help or assistance

Dial 000

NSW State Emergency Service

Call 132 500

Bushfire emergency

Call 1800 679 737

Know your rights

It is important to know your rights in the workplace.

If you want to find out about your rights when it comes to pay and work conditions in the workplace, or just general information about working during your Regional Gap year, support and advice is available by contacting the organisations below.

Did you know that the Fair Work Ombudsman is the workplace relations regulator and can assist with enforcing minimum pay and conditions?

Information and resources

Top of page