Nominations for the 2024 Awards are NOW CLOSED
Nominations for 2024 closed at 11:59pm on Tuesday 24 October 2023.
Thank you to all those who nominated. We are currently assessing all the wonderful nominations we received. Stay tuned as we will be announcing the finalists in early 2024.
You can also read all about past winners here.
Premier’s NSW Woman of Excellence
The Premier’s NSW Woman of Excellence is a role model who has excelled in her chosen field. In doing so, she effects lasting change and is an inspiration to others.
NSW Community Hero
The NSW Community Hero Award shines a light on the accomplishments of an extraordinary woman who works tirelessly to contribute to the prosperity of those in her local community.
NSW Regional Woman of the Year
The NSW Regional Woman of the Year recognises the accomplishments of an exceptional woman living in regional NSW who inspires and advances their community, and contributes to the fabric of their local area.
NSW Aboriginal Woman of the Year
A dedicated pillar of her community, the NSW Aboriginal Woman of the Year is a role model who promotes economic, cultural and/or social opportunities for Aboriginal people in NSW. Open to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women.
NSW Young Woman of the Year
The NSW Young Woman of the Year has demonstrated incredible potential or achievement in her chosen field, passion or area of interest. Open to women aged 16-30 years.
The Ones to Watch Showcase
Recognises girls and young women aged 7 to 15, who demonstrate a single act or ongoing acts of courage, strength, determination and/or kindness to help and support those around them.
The program will showcase up to 10 girls who will be recognised and profiled as part of the 2024 NSW Women of the Year Awards campaign and ceremony as the next generation of rising stars.
The Ones to Watch girls will be featured in a video reel showcase that highlights their achievements and will be invited to attend the prestigious NSW Women of the Year Awards events including being presented with a special acknowledgement at the awards gala event in March 2024 held in Sydney.
Award eligibility requirements and terms and conditions
Below are the eligibility requirements and terms and conditions for the NSW Women of the Year Awards 2024.
- Nominee is a woman or girl residing in NSW.
- Self-nominations will be accepted.
- Awards will not be granted posthumously.
- Sitting state and federal politicians and current vice-regal officers are not eligible.
- Retired politicians and vice-regal officers will be considered for work undertaken in addition to their official duties.
- A previous winner cannot receive a second award in the same award category but can be considered for recognition in a separate category in following years.
- Unsuccessful nominees, including previous finalists may be re-nominated in subsequent years. Re-nominations must highlight achievements and/or contributions accomplished after the previous nomination.
- Groups of people or couples will not normally be eligible though in exceptional cases the selection panels reserve the right to consider such nominations.
- Nominees for the NSW Young Woman of the Year must be aged 16 to 30 years.
- Nominees for the Ones to Watch must be aged 7 to 15 years.
- Age criteria as of 7 March 2024.
- Nominees for the NSW Aboriginal Women of the Year must be of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent.
- Nominees for the NSW Regional Woman of the Year must reside outside of Newcastle, Wollongong and Greater Sydney.
- Nominees must consent to their nomination before an entry is submitted.
- Nominations will be accepted from 9:00am on Thursday 31 August 2023 to 11:59pm on Tuesday 24 October 2023.
- Nominations must be submitted online. Hard copy nomination forms will not be accepted. Please email WomenOfTheYear@premiersdepartment.nsw.gov.au if you have any difficulty submitting your nomination online.
- All required fields must be completed and criteria must be addressed for the nomination to be considered valid.
- Nominators must provide required contact details for themselves and their nominee including an active email address and mobile phone contact number.
- Entry is conditional upon confirmation of eligibility by the selection panel.
- Nominees may be contacted by the Premier’s Department to request additional information including a photo and biography.
- Nominees who progress through the assessment process will be subject to a National Police Background Check and referee check.
- An awards ceremony will be held during NSW Women’s Week 2024 (4-10 March) in Sydney and finalists will need to be available to attend the event.
- Travel arrangements to attend the Ceremony in March will be organised for finalists where required.
- A nominee can be entered into more than one category using separate nomination forms.
- The panel reserves the right to move your nomination to another award category if they deem it more suitable.
- All nomination forms and materials submitted remain the property of the Premier’s Department.
- Entry into the NSW Women of the Year Awards is deemed acceptance of the Terms and Conditions.
- Nominees must meet the eligibility criteria to be considered for shortlisting.
- The judging panel's decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- Successful nominees agree to make themselves available for media and promotional activities outside of the awards ceremony event.
- Where a nominee has a current media contract it must not preclude her from participating in media activities around the award ceremony and promoting the NSW Women of the Year Awards for the following year.
- Upon returning a signed permission form, nominees grant permission for the Premier’s Department to use and disclose their personal information provided through the nomination process, additional submissions, correspondence, photographs and videos at its discretion including for, but not limited to, media and promotional purposes.
- Alternative format nomination forms can be made available for people with disability upon request. Please email WomenOfTheYear@premiersdepartment.nsw.gov.au.
- Personal information about nominees and nominators provided will only be used for the conduct and promotion of the NSW Women of the Year Awards.
- Should you have any enquiries about access to your personal information held by the Premier’s Department please direct your request to: WomenOfTheYear@premiersdepartment.nsw.gov.au.