Getting married

Find out how to get married in NSW. 

If you are planning to marry, you need to give an authorised marriage celebrant, either civil or religious, at least one month's notice of your planned date.

You may also need to prove your divorce or, if you are marrying outside Australia, that you are single and unmarried.

Update your Will, as it is usually no longer valid after you marry, unless it was made in anticipation of marriage.

Related information

Top of page