Getting support before your marriage
Find information on setting a wedding budget, getting professional financial advice and where to get relationship support and counselling.
Planning a wedding can be a stressful time. Marriage also brings changes to a relationship. It can help to:
- set a budget for your wedding
- get professional financial advice before your wedding
- get relationship support
Setting a budget and savings plan before your wedding can help keep you financially on track.
Knowing how much money you can afford to spend will also help when it comes to making decisions about the wedding.
Learn more about setting a wedding budget and savings plan at Moneysmart.
There are also services that can help you better understand your financial situation:
- make informed decisions about your financial future with free information and resources from the Financial Information Service
- find a free financial counsellor at the National Debt Helpline
Talking to someone can help strengthen your relationship and develop healthy communication techniques.
For information, referrals to services and counselling:
- some celebrants offer marriage counselling as part of their service
- Relationships Australia NSW offers confidential counselling and courses for individuals and couples
- Family Relationships Online is a government service that provides information, referrals to support services and a free and confidential advice line on 1800 050 321