If you have a serious injury

This is a guide for people in NSW who have a serious injury. It can help you access support services, understand your rights and responsibilities at work, and get help with living costs. 


Getting time off work

Your rights and responsibilities

Legal support 

If you need legal advice and support, check if you're eligible for the Workplace Advice Service at the Fair Work Commission


Getting help with costs

Living costs

See if you hold or can access insurance payments for:

Check if you can get: 

    If you were injured at work

    If you were injured in a road accident 

    If you're a veteran

    You may be eligible for an Income Support Payment from the Department of Veteran Affairs

    Healthcare and medicine costs

    Equipment and aids



      Recovering from your injury

      Support for brain injuries


      Going back to work or school

      Getting to work or school

      Recovering at work


          Getting support

            Mental and emotional support

            Legal support

            If there's a dispute

            Top of page