Training for managers
Our free 'Managing for Team Wellbeing' training will help anyone managing staff or leading others improve their leadership skills and build a mentally healthy workplace.
Managers, leaders and supervisors play an important role in their team’s wellbeing but it can be difficult to know what to do.
You don’t need to be a mental health expert to make a difference. Training helps.
This training will help you build your wellbeing leadership skills and show you how you can support others (and yourself) which can lead to a more productive team.
This easy-to-do training is delivered by an expert psychologist from Black Dog Institute.
This training is free
You’re eligible if you’re a manager for, or owner of:
- a NSW business with less than 200 employees
- a not-for-profit organisation of any size.
What I will learn
This training only takes three hours, but the benefits could last a lifetime.
You will learn:
- how to have conversations with team members about mental health
- how to design healthier workplaces
- how to assist team members to stay at work, or to return to work after an absence
- how to spot the early warning signs of mental ill-health and what to do
- your legal responsibilities as a manager
- steps you can take for your own self-care or to support others
- where to go if you need more support.
How training is provided
It’s your choice: interactive workshop or self-paced online learning.
- only takes three hours
- is delivered live, either online over Zoom, or face-to-face at work/public space (subject to COVID-19 restrictions), by a clinical psychologist
- is available for 10-25 people
- you choose a time and location that works for you.
- only takes one hour
- can be completed at any time.
Questions about the training
If you have any questions before applying, use our contact us form. We’ll get back to you within two working days.
Do not use this form to apply for a program.
How to register
Signing up is easy.
Register and Black Dog Institute will be in contact.