What Namoi offers
The Namoi Region comprises Tamworth, Gwydir, Gunnedah, Liverpool Plains and Walcha local government areas.
Focusing on the region’s strength, support will be available to businesses interested in expanding Namoi’s agriculture industry further while maintaining the region’s amenity, including:
improvements to the local planning framework
better collaboration across different parts of state and local government
Click to enlarge: Namoi Regional Job Precinct map (PDF 1.01MB)
Industry and employment opportunities
Namoi is one of the largest producers of poultry, lamb and beef in NSW. The precinct will support further opportunities to create jobs in:
- Sustainable intensive agriculture
- Livestock production
Delivery process and next steps
To determine the boundary for the Regional Job Precinct investigation area, the NSW Government will work with:
- the Agricultural Commissioner
- Namoi Regional Organisation of Councils
- local businesses and communities
- Further analysis of current and future demand for the intensive agriculture sector
- Identification of land use planning issues
- Finding a balance between stakeholders and growing communities will be a priority
Community members will have the opportunity to provide feedback during the process.
Updates on upcoming community engagement opportunities will be communicated across local council and NSW Government channels.
Namoi Regional Job Precinct announced
Initial investigations underway
Updates and resources
Contact us about our Namoi precinct
For more information, or to subscribe to updates from the Regional Job Precincts team, please contact us, and a member of our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Phone: 1300 REGION (73 44 66)