Part of a series of pages from Create NSW about Hiring and leasing cultural spaces
Location and history
Haymarket Creative is a vibrant creative hub, located centrally within UTS Campus Building 5 in Haymarket. A partnership between Create NSW and the University of Technology Sydney (UTS), Haymarket Creative offers a range of spaces for the arts, culture and creative industries.
Current tenants include Arts Law, Campfire X, Chaser Digital, Cultural Media, Floating Leaf Pictures, Incognito Arts, Museum of Chinese in Australia, Music in the Regions, Soft Tread Enterprises, Sydney Writers’ Room, Sydney Youth Orchestras, The House that Dan Built and West Street Sports.
Haymarket Creative is located in Building 5, Blocks A and B, 1 Quay St, Haymarket, NSW. It is situated in the heart of Tech Central, Sydney’s innovation precinct that connects startups, entrepreneurs, researchers, and industry partners. The space is within walking distance of Central Station, Chinatown, Darling Harbour, and the CBD.
Highlights and amenities
Centrally located, Haymarket Creative provides co-located and adaptable spaces for lease and hire by arts, cultural and creative businesses and organisations.
Haymarket Creative offers over 2500m2 of leasable area including office and creative development spaces across two linked buildings.
Features of Haymarket Creative include:
- Close to Central Station, Broadway and the Light Rail, Haymarket Creative is easily accessible with direct off-street access.
- A diverse range of secure offices, meeting rooms and open-plan areas are available for lease until mid-2026.
- Three creative development spaces, ranging in size from 165m to 275m, are available for casual hire. These spaces are suitable for industry events, forums, presentations, workshops and rehearsals
- High-speed internet access, air-conditioning and heating, security and cleaning services, and access to shared spaces including kitchenettes and meeting rooms.
Some of the benefits of joining Haymarket Creative include:
- Join an exciting and diverse group of creative organisations and be part of an environment supporting creative collaboration and growth.
- Opportunity to network and partner with UTS faculties, students, and alumni
- Access to UTS library and other campus amenities
Haymarket Creative welcomes businesses and organisations from across the creative sector including: design, architecture, film, games and digital production, photography, contemporary music and sound, writing, performing arts, visual arts and more.
See 3D plans of Block A, Levels 2 and 3:
See floor plans for Block A and Block B:
- Haymarket, Building 05– Block A, Level 03 (PDF 610.79KB)
- Haymarket, Building 05 – Block A Level 02 (PDF 275.95KB)
- Haymarket, Building 05 – Block B Level 01 (PDF 976.14KB)
- Haymarket, Building 05 – Block B Level 04 (PDF 452.11KB)
Availability - Creative Development Spaces for hire
Three spaces in Haymarket Creative are available for hire Mondays to Fridays by the arts, cultural and screen sectors.
The Main Theatre (251m2) and Moot Court (167m2), former lecture theatres and the SYO Orchestra Room (275m2), former office area, are offered ‘as is’ and at competitive rates. They are adaptable by hirers for a wide range of uses, including rehearsals, presentations, readings, screenings, audience testing, forums and industry private events.
The Haymarket Creative Venue Hire Information Pack is available on request from the Haymarket Creative team at firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information please contact the Haymarket Creative team at email@example.com