Large Towed Recreational Vehicle Toll Rebate
The Large Towed Recreational Vehicle Toll Rebate allows drivers to claim back additional costs from towing on NSW toll roads.
What is the Large Towed Recreational Vehicle Toll Rebate?
The price you pay to use Sydney toll roads can depend on the class of vehicle you drive.
A vehicle's class is determined by size and is detected electronically at toll points. In some cases, towing a caravan, boat trailer or horse float will change the class of your vehicle. This may affect the amount you are charged for using the toll road.
The rebate brings the cost of tolls back to your original vehicle class when this occurs.
Who is eligible
To be eligible for the rebate, you must:
- be registered for the rebate
- be a NSW resident
- have both the car and towed recreational vehicle registered in NSW for private, pensioner or charitable use
- have travelled on a NSW toll road with a car, caravan, boat, or horse float combination detected as a Class B vehicle, and had a Class B toll charged to your toll account
- have paid Class B tolls with your NSW issued electronic tag
- have paid the toll in full
- claim your rebate within 12 months after you receive your toll statement.
Note: the rebate scheme is not available for motorhome toll costs.
How to register
Registration for the scheme is through your toll provider. If you do not have a toll provider, see How to get an electronic tag or pass.
How much is the rebate
The rebate is the difference between the Class B and the Class A toll. This varies on each toll road. See Toll costs by road to see how much the rebate would be.
The rebate is capped at 8 toll trips per monthly billing period.
How to claim the rebate
If you meet all of the eligibility requirements above, you can submit your claim online when you receive your toll statement.
Log in to your toll account and select 'Claim Online' and follow the instructions.
If you have any difficulty in submitting your claim online, contact your toll provider for assistance.
You can also contact Transport for NSW on 1300 133 310.
Claims will be paid electronically in accordance with your provider's cashback cycle. Refer to your toll statement and your provider's terms and conditions.