Skip to main content

Products and services

To meet the needs of our customers, we provide a range of certificates, products, ceremonies and information services that help establish a range of legal entitlements.


Due to scheduled maintenance, our online certificate ordering, birth registration system and family history services will be intermittently unavailable from 7:30pm Saturday, 19 June to 7:30am Sunday, 20th June. We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

COVID-19 information

  • Please use our online services to register for births, change of name and relationships or to apply for certificates and we will post these out to you. 
  • For all counter services go to your nearest SNSW service centre 
  • NSW Registry offices offer weddings and click and collect services only. All click & collect services require a confirmation email prior to visiting the Chippendale or Parramatta offices.
  • Need to know processing times?

On this page

Apply online now

Choose from our online services - it's the fastest way to apply.

You can pick up selected certificates at our Chippendale or Parramatta Registry offices, or you can have it sent by registered mail to your home with an optional priority service. 


Register your baby within 60 days of the birth. It's free and the hospital doesn’t do it for you. After you register your baby, you can apply for a birth certificate.

Marriage and relationships

Apply for a marriage certificate or plan your wedding ceremony at one of our welcoming venues.

Start searching your ancestry with free access to our records. Check early church baptisms, burials and weddings from 1788 and official government records from 1856.


A funeral director will normally register a death and apply for a death certificate on your behalf.

Name changes and corrections

Request changes or corrections to the information on a registration or certificate issued by the Registry.


Depending on your request, you may need to complete one or more of these forms as part of your application. 

Post your completed form (see form for address) and proof of identity to Registry of Births Deaths & Marriages or visit your nearest Service NSW centre.

Top of page