JobSeeker and other government payments
If you’re unemployed, or not in full-time work after losing your job, you may be able to get one or more government payments. Find out if you're eligible.
If you’re unemployed, or not in full-time work, you may be able to get the JobSeeker payment.
Eligibility requirements depend on your situation. As a minimum, these 3 conditions need to be met:
- you’re between 22 and age pension age
- you meet residence rules
- your income and assets are under the limits set by Services Australia.
Additional criteria and exemptions may apply. Learn more about who can get JobSeeker at Services Australia.
The Australian Government provides a range of additional financial help and support services you may be eligible for if you've lost your job and are looking for work. These include:
- Parenting Payment if you care for a child and are trying to find work
- Youth Allowance, which is an income support payment if you're 21 or younger
- Child Care Subsidy to help with the cost of approved child care
- concession and health care cards to help with medical and healthcare costs.
Additionally, there are specific services and support programs to find and maintain employment for: