For Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
Find government financial assistance and mentoring services when you're looking for your next job.
Training NSW provides a range of programs for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people focused on:
- workplace mentoring and support services
- improving access to employment and training
- creating business opportunities.
Smart and Skilled is an initiative within Training NSW that offers fee-free subsidised training for eligible Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students in priority skill areas.
National Indigenous Australians Agency
In addition, the National Indigenous Australians Agency (NIAA) is responsible for employment services in remote Australia under its Community Development Program (CDP).
Through a range of activities, the CDP supports Indigenous job seekers to:
- build workplace skills and confidence
- address and overcome barriers to employment
- contribute to their communities.
Learn more about jobs for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people at Workforce Australia.