If you are going back to work
Information for parents returning from parental leave about their workplace rights and responsibilities.
If you’ve taken time off to care for your child, going back to work can be an adjustment for the whole family.
Finding the right balance between your work commitments and family responsibilities may take some time.
Depending on your situation, you may also need to make child care arrangements.
Planning your return to work in advance with both your manager and your family can help make the transition easier for you and your child.
You may want to think about:
- your rights and responsibilities at work
- making any flexible work arrangements
- knowing what to do if you’re getting Paid Parental Leave
- refreshing or upskilling your workplace skills
- what to do if your job has changed or you’ve lost your job while on parental leave.
If you need support at work, this could be:
- from your workplace
- information and help from outside your workplace when dealing with a work dispute.
Remember to report any changes to your or your partner's income if you’re getting a family assistance payment.
Learn more about returning to work after parental leave.