Project Remediate Pattern Book
The Pattern Book is a resource to help consultants replace combustible cladding. It includes technical design drawings.
- The Pattern Book is a package containing a guidance document and technical drawings.
- It has been designed by the Project Remediate Global Façade Consultant (GFC) to guide the consideration and design of remediation works for buildings participating in Project Remediate.
- It is a critical reference document for designers working on Project Remediate buildings, and for industry undertaking private façade remediation.
- The Pattern Book will be used by all design teams and building contractors on Project Remediate and will facilitate standard solutions and minimise redundant re-design work.
- It is a living document that will be reviewed and updated throughout the life of Project Remediate. Subscribe to the Pattern Book updates newsletter to be advised of updates.
- The next version of the Pattern Book is expected to be released following the commencement of the National Construction Code (NCC) 2022.
About the Pattern Book
The Pattern Book will be used by all design teams and building contractors on Project Remediate and will facilitate standard solutions and minimise redundant re-design work. It provides:
- details of the preferred remediation design approaches for standard building features that are found in a cladding remediation development
- a schedule of the typical building components that will need to be validated (certificates collected for) the schedule of materials used, for example screws, rivet, packers, fire barrier, and, cladding
- a schedule of inclusions for the remediation assurance certificates, for example, materials warranties.
The Pattern Book has been produced by the Global Façade Consultant, ACOR Consultants in collaboration with the Cladding Product Safety Panel, the Office of Project Remediate, and, the Managing Contractor, Hansen Yuncken.
It is a living document that will be reviewed and updated throughout the life of Project Remediate.
How to use the Pattern Book
- The Pattern Book is intended to be used by registered design practitioners or suitably qualified consultants, and also to serve as an educational reference for students of the building industry.
- This is to be considered as a guidance document only. Design practitioners must validate all aspects of the design and not reference the Pattern Book in their design declarations or design certifications.
- The details and wall typologies have been generated to suit the reclad of apartments or class 2 buildings as defined by the National Construction Code, but can also be used for the reclad of other types of buildings.
Keep in touch
Subscribe to receive updates on the Pattern Book and information for the building and construction industry about Project Remediate.
The MailChimp account you will be directed to is managed by NSW Office of Project Remediate.
Download the guidance document
This document provides technical guidance on a range of topics relating to the replacement of combustible cladding. It is an educational tool which serves as a source of knowledge for both industry professionals and academics alike.
Cladding Replacement Pattern book guidance document (ZIP 12.72MB)
Download the designs
The following sections contain the technical drawings which may be referred to by consultants involved in the design and detailing of the cladding replacement works. The sections are generally separated by cladding material, and each section contains both PDF and DWG file formats.
Give us your feedback on the Pattern Book
If you’d prefer, you can email your questions about the Pattern Book to email@example.com.
Replace flammable cladding through Project Remediate
Replace flammable cladding: information for the building and construction industry
Façade experts appointed to oversee removal of flammable cladding